Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sew Sensational Tour NYC '09

NYC Sew Sensational
Fabric Tour
On Memorial weekend I took a small group around my favorite fabric MECCA, New York City, for the Sew Sensational Fabric Tour. Among the many fun things we did, some of the weekend highlights were: Touring the FIT Museum Fashions exhibit, going to Liberty Island, the Cloisters, the Empire State Building at night, The Metropolitan Museum’s Fashion Exhibit, seeing Broadway’s “Wicked”, going to Mood Fabrics, M&J Trimmings, Paron’s Fabrics, and surprising fun was “the Spandex House”! Ladies on the tour aged from 20 to (lets just say older than 20). But I think on of the most memorable activities for me was going to mass at St. Patrick’s Cathedral. (Definitely a must-do on next year's trip) Next year’s trip will be more fun than ever!
Here we are at the Cloisters!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! this looks like an amazing trip, and you hit such a great variety of stuff on your trip - please next time let me know when you are in town...I could give you some tips of adding new stuff to your trip or suggest something in my neighborhood. best, tamara from http://nestnestnest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete