· Trim your pillow back bottom using the same taper line you used on the pillow front. Fold this tapered edge under ¾” and press with wrong sides together.
Fold one long edge of the 3” x 21”
zipper placket long edge under ½”, wrong sides together, and press.
· With both the zipper and placket right sides up, place folded edge up the the edge of the raised zipper teeth.
· Using a 7-9mm double piping foot, stitch one the folded edge of the packet, near zipper teeth.
· Pin the folded edge of the pillow back over the zipper teeth and up the edge of the fold on the placket. Although is has a curve, you will able to sew it onto this straight edge.
· Trim the pillow back to match the pillow front.
· Pin or Wonder Clip edges, and sew all the way around.
· Finish raw edges by serging or use a zig-zag stitch.
· To keep corners looking full, sew a small amount of batting in each corner.
· You will be able to open the pillow through the zipper.
· Stuff with either a 14” by 20 pillow form or Pam’s Perfect Puff & Stuff, available at www.pamdamour.com.
For step by step video instructions on how to make this pillow, go to my YouTube Channel.